Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cocoa's Chocolates

It's Erika Martin.....and I'm back with some chocolate!

I'm a girl that loves my chocolate. Dark chocolate is my favorite but I've never met a chocolate I didn't like. This Cocoa's Chocolates image is so adorable...I love the way he seems to be protecting his chocolate. More than chocolate, though, I'm also a girl that loves her family and friends so there are times when I feel like those days without the people I love the most are like a day without my favorite sweet.

Today happens to be my husband's 35th birthday and a day without him IS like a day without chocolate so this card will be his birthday card today. Good thing my hubby doesn't mind all the pink!

I printed my images onto vanilla cardstock and colored the Cocoa image in with watercolor pencils, though I didn't blend the colors with any water. I mounted the image onto dark brown cardstock. The base card is actually a 5 x 5 card since I printed my images out rather large. I did the base with a light brown cardstock and adhered patterned paper strips onto it.

The greeting was printed from the Chocoholic Sentiments set. I mounted it on top of a light pink patterned paper and then on top of the card with pop-dots. I added a couple tiny pink buttons to set it off.

And now I've gone and made myself hungry for a chocolate! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment