Friday, June 11, 2010

Cute and elegant

Hi there everyone, it's Janette here! Ok, I am super late posting this which is not like me. I just was making my daily visit to the blog and realized that uh oh...it was my day to post. I am so mixed up this week and did not even realize that it was Friday. Oh well, I hope that it is better late than never. Today, I would like to show you a couple cards featuring stamp sets that were released June 1st. Now, keep in mind that both of the sets I used today are available as clear stamps or as digi sets so you can choose whichever suits you better. I have a cute card and an elegant one to share with you. And now without further ado, I present to you my elegant card...



I love variety and that is exactly what you get with Sweet N Sassy stamps. Sometimes I like to color a cute image and sometimes a more elegant one and then are times when I don't want to color and I just want to stamp. I think that there is so much to pick from and can satisfy whatever crafting mood you are in. This card uses one of the butterfly images from Everyday Miracles along with one of the sentiments. I did color it with copics, cut it out and adhered with foam tape, and added stickles for sparkle. The flowers were white and I sponged them with ink and also added stickles. All the edges were sponged with ink before sewing.



And now for a cutie...



How super adorable is this puppy??? I love this set!! It is called Woof You. I created my own bg paper by stamping with the bone stamp repeating on my paper. I colored the image with warm grey copics and paper pieced the bandana around his neck. I also used my copic marker to add shading to that as well. I used my Janome sew mini to sew around all the edges.

closer view for you



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I absolutely love your cards. The elegance and sheer beauty of your first card. And then the cute card. I love them!!!!! Don't feel bad, I've had weeks like that recently too.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love the I Woof You set but the elegant one just speaks to my heart!

    ReplyDelete