Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vintage Rose

I love the Sweet N Sassy birth month stamps!!! I think my 2 favorite are the new August Gladiola and the June Rose which I am going to show you today. The upcoming September flower is a beauty as well. Now of course you don't have to just use them in the particular month lol. They are so versatile and you will be grabbing for them time and again. I tend to be a very symmetrical clean lines type of girl so today I tried something a bit out of my comfort zone- vintage. I hope you like it.



I may have gone a tad overboard with the distressing but overall I like how it came out. I colored my rose with copics, crumpled the paper, and then further distressed with distress inks. The edges were distressed with scissors, inked, and then stickles were added to the edges also. The paper strip across the middle is distressed and pleated.

Here is a bit of a closer look


Today is a beautiful sunshiny day in my neck of the woods- I hope your day is filled with sunshine and many blessings! Thanks for stopping.

2 comments:

  1. coloring flowers are probably my most favorite things to do...and roses in particular...I am starting buying some distress inks to try using them as watercolors......although I sure do love my Copics..
    Deby

    ReplyDelete